Guidelines & Frequently Asked Questions
Helpful Hints & Guidelines
- Plan your storage space. Place those items that you may need to access often in the front. Allow for walkways. Rent the smallest amount of space you need and pack the space full.
- Make an inventory of your stored items; keep in a safe place at home or a safe deposit box.
- Place your storage items on 2 x 4 boards or on pallets to guard against dampness. Any concrete floor may become cold/damp.
- CAUTION: Do not store anything COMBUSTIBLE (i.e., paint thinner, gasoline, solvents, paint, aerosol cans, etc.)
- Use uniform size boxes for easy stacking. Be sure your boxes are strong enough to hold 25-30 lbs.
- List contents of boxes on all four sides; number the boxes and seal with tape.
- Stack lighter boxes on top of heavier boxes. Dishes and glasses should be wrapped in paper and packed in sturdy boxes.
- Pictures & mirrors should be wrapped in cardboard, mark “FRAGILE” and stack on end.
- Furniture with drawers can be utilized as storage places for pictures, nick-knacks, china, silverware, etc. Wrap these items in tablecloths, towels or blankets to prevent breakage.
- Larger appliances make excellent “packing cases” for blankets, towels, tablecloths, and clothes. HOWEVER, for freezers/refrigerators, make sure the door is left ajar for air circulation.
- To prevent rust, apply a thin coating (use a cloth) of 3in1 Oil to all tools that may be stored.
- It is suggested that a “critter” preventative (D-Con) or mothballs be placed in your unit to prevent damage to soft goods.
- Shovels, hoes, rakes and hoses can be stored together in empty trash cans. Stack extra cans inside one another.
- Tables with removable legs should be “broken down” to save space.
- Cover furniture with cardboard or blankets to protect against dust. A sofa or love seat can be stored on end to save floor space, but always place a tarp under these items or store on pallets.
- If you stand mattresses on end, “prop” them up so they stand straight. They may tend to bend out of shape and become lumpy otherwise.
- Prepare your space by placing a protective tarp/cover or pallet on the floor under your goods.
- Do not place heavy or sharp objects on top of upholstered furniture.
- Make sure your lock is of good quality. Cheap locks rust and become difficult to open.
- When storing vehicles, (Cars, Cycles, Boats, Lawn Mowers, Snow Mobiles, etc.) make sure gas tank is only 1/8 full; place a cardboard sheet/tarp under vehicle to deter any fluid leakage from staining floor of unit.
- Batteries should be removed from all vehicles and stored elsewhere to prevent freezing/overheating, etc.
- INSURANCE - Last, but not least, any items stored in your unit(s) are the responsibility of the renter relative to being insured. Therefore, contact your insurance company to determine what steps you need to take to include insurance coverage for those items in your unit.
- What will I need to rent a self-storage unit or outside storage space?
Renting a storage space from All Seasons Storage is quick and easy. It only takes 10-15 minutes to complete the lease agreement. Remember to bring personal identification and a good quality padlock for your unit’s door.
- How much will it cost for me to rent a self-storage unit?
Please see our rates on the Unit Rates & Discounts page. When beginning your rental agreement, you will need to pay for your first month’s rent and also pay a security deposit which is equal to one month rent. Your deposit is refundable in full at the conclusion of the rental period if the unit is in the same condition as when it was rented and all stored items have been removed.
- What about insurance for my items?
Contact your insurance agent to advise him/her that you have personal belongings in an additional location to verify insurance coverage on your existing insurance plans.
- How do I access my storage unit?
Upon beginning your rental agreement, we will provide you with a 4-digit PIN that you enter into the keypad each time you need access to our secured facility. Please keep this PIN in a safe place and do not share it with anyone. If you happen to forget your PIN please contact us.